May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Routine

Typically on Sunday Jim and I take Elliott to religion class before we go to mass. But today Jim went to the Rams game. So Elliott and I had some nice one-on-one time. After mass we had lunch at St. Louis Bread Company. Then we went back to Elliott's house so he could show me his Harry Potter Xbox game.

Next, with Emily and Jonah, we met dad at Bethesda to visit mom. She seemed the same except for the stuffed dog. When I asked her about it, mom said she "found it" and decided to "keep it because it's so cute." Apparently she's had it for at least two weeks. So, either another resident is missing a dog, or it was a donation. It's common for dementia patients to carry dolls or stuffed animals, treating them as if they're living things. Today mom seemed to understand that the dog was a toy. But I suspect it's just a matter of time before she starts talking to it. That will be hard to watch.

No comments: