May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Rough Morning

When I woke this morning I was hoping to find that Jim had improved somewhat. Instead, in addition to dealing with the stomach virus, he was also passing a kidney stone!

Last summer when this happened we needed an ambulance. So this time I fully expected to be digging out of the snow and rushing Jim to the ER myself. In addition, I was having a slight relapse, suspecting I had overdone it yesterday. It all added up to me missing Christmas mass. Since I believe everything is His doing, I'm sure He understood and won't hold it against me.

My current religious beliefs were a long-time coming. I was raised in a God-fearing home. In other words, if you didn't follow the "rules" you surely would end up in hell. It's taken me many, many years living away from that environment to realize that God forgives and understands human weaknesses. I believe He and I have a much healthier relationship now.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: