May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Roku + Netflix = Instant Gratification

When Emily and Mike replaced their digital player with Apple TV, they generously gave us their Roku. I immediately saw the benefit of having access to more commercial-free movies and old TV shows. But I honestly didn't know how much we would use it. Typically we can barely keep up with recorded shows or Netflix DVDs.

Well yesterday, while Jim and I were basically "couch potatoes," we gave our Roku a good workout. I've enjoyed several BBC series through Netflix and recently discovered Doc Martin. As luck would have it, the four-season series is a Netflix "Instant Watch." So yesterday we were able to watch the first two seasons and a couple episodes of season three with little effort. No running to the store to purchase or rent a DVD. No waiting for one to arrive in the mail. No extra fees. Just click, click, click -- instant gratification. I'm hooked!

No comments: