May 2018

May 2018

Monday, January 22, 2018

What's Going On?

We were babies
at 21 years old.
Wow! It's been a long time since I posted. I give regular quick updates on FaceBook but haven't had the time or desire to compose a blog entry for a long time.

Our holidays went well. I simplified Christmas which made it much more enjoyable for me. I don't see going back to a more elaborate celebration ever again.
Overstock.com for the win!

Then on January 5 hubby and I celebrated 45 years of marriage. Besides a nice dinner on Christmas, which we always spend just with each other, I got a new wedding set to mark the occasion. It's tradition to give sapphires for a 45 wedding anniversary and I was all for that. I didn't have any sapphires and always loved Princess Diana's ring. I'm proud to say I worked all sorts of online deals and the set ended up costing a third of retail!

We barely got through the holidays and we were off to see our granddaughter, in Jersey City, NJ, over the MLK holiday weekend. We traveled with my daughter's family, staying in a rental within walking distance of my son's apartment I found on VRBO.com. It was a packed five days, with trips into Manhattan daily, and weather ranging from 61 to 15 degrees. Nevertheless we survived and had a good visit. But I miss my granddaughter even more now.

Cousins!
Reya (18 months), Elliott (11), and Jonah (7).


Since we've been home, I've been concentrating on tackling the weight I gained over the holidays. That means low-carb grocery shopping and meal prep plus counting calories. So far so good.

I've also begun my yearly whole-house purge and re-organization. Today I started tackling my clothes closet and drawers and plan to finish that project tomorrow. Next up will probably be the home office.

And that's all for now. Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Rita said...

What a pretty ring! Congrats to you two lovebirds!

Glad you got to see the little granddaughter over the holidays.

Cleaning and reorganizing is on my list for this winter, too. But have been sick for a week, so not getting anything done at all. Oh well--the winter is long--LOL! ;)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

45 years is amazing, I have been married to the love of my life Tim for 33 years, finding the love of your life is a good thing