May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, October 22, 2017

So Much Better!

The new setup in the hobby room makes crafting so much easier. The main thing the old setup lacked was not enough surface space for spreading out all parts of a project. Now, in addition to the craft table, I have the surface space of the twin bed. I can spread out paper and embellishment options on the bed, leaving the entire table open for assembly.

Of course, it also helps that I've recently purged a lot of craft tools and supplies. Having less stuff makes it so much easier to find what I need and want.

My first project in the new space was to create a Thanksgiving card. I found all the supplies for seven cards in my stash and used my Cuttlebug, which I've had for years, to do the embossing.

This is a simplier design than I've done in the past, but I like it. I feel it's indicative of how I now want my life and home, simple yet functional.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Cute cards! I have always loved simple cards. Most of what Leah and I make are pretty simple--not only because we make so many but because we love simple designs. Glad you are using you craft room!! Purging is kind of inspirational. :) Have a super week.