May 2018

May 2018

Monday, October 30, 2017

Quick Trip

One of many lavish
fall arrangements in the City.
Last week we drove to Branson, Missouri for a two-night stay at the Chateau on the Lake. I've always wanted to stay at the Chateau and decided my 66 birthday was a good time to realize that dream.

In my 30s and 40s I often visited Branson with girlfriends in the the fall for Silver Dollar City's fall festival. Whenever I saw that magnificent resort on an Ozark mountain, I longed to stay there one day.

Turns out the Chateau is relatively budget friendly, especially if you do one of their packages midweek. Our package included two-day tickets to Silver Dollar City and a $50 food credit for any of the Chateau's restaurants.

It was a good trip. We enjoyed our stay at the Chateau, the City's fall festival, the Grand Jubilee show, and good midwest Missouri food. Less than four hours away, we will definitely keep Branson in mind for future quick getaways.

Our view as we approached
the Chateau on the Lake.
Our view of Table Rock Lake
from our balcony.
Don't know how I resisted bringing
home one of these cuties.
This huge cornucopia was
my favorite display in the City.
A tour of Marvel Cave is a must
when visiting the City for the first time.
Touring Marvel Cave turned out to be
a good workout. I mean, who would
imagine sweating in a cave!

1 comment:

Rita said...

What a view! I wouldn't think of Branson and cave tours, but that looked like quite an adventure, too. Happy 66th!! Now we are the same age. ;)