May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Good and Bad

Statistically a person gains one pound for every cruise day. I gained four pounds on a seven-day cruise last week so – yay me! Right?

I enjoyed all the food on the ship and chose items I rarely eat or have never eaten. It was a fun carefree week of food exploration. But now it's back to reality and back to my low-carb diet.

Prior to the cruise, it took me five weeks to lose five pounds by eliminating 80% of carbs from my diet and counting calories. Hopefully it'll happen that quickly again. Time will tell and I'll keep you posted.

(During the cruise, we encountered extreme fog, rain, and severely rough seas due to hurricane Jose. We even had to abort one port-of-call due to such severe weather. So there wasn't a lot of opportunity for destination photos, but some are posted on my FaceBook page. Just click here. This photo of me and hubby is one of my favorites. I took it in our stateroom before we left to tackle a rainy Boston.)

1 comment:

Rita said...

Congrats! Now I'm curious if the low carb diet will get you back quickly. Sounds like a rough trip--weatherwise. I will check the link--thanks! :)