May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Happy New Year!

Don't know how long we can get away with saying that. But I'm thinking at least for the first week or two of the new year.

Today hubby and I have been married 44 years. Wow! That's a long time and makes me feel even older. As if hearing on Tuesday that I'm looking at cataract surgery in 1-2 years wasn't enough. Yet another one of those ". . .if you live long enough" health issues. For crying out loud!

But I'm not going to focus on all my old-age problems. Instead I'm going to appreciate that, again this year, we're going to Europe. This time Italy!

Earlier this week we booked a two-week tour, again, with Globus. (Click here for the itinerary.) Globus was running an Early Booking discount on top of the the five-percent discount we get as returning customers, so we took advantage. We also decided we need to keep traveling while we're barely financially and physically able.

In 2016 we committed to a European trip nine months in advance. This time we leave in just four and a half months. So exciting! For me trip prep is part of the fun and will certainly help me get through the confinements of winter.

But now back to the whole-house purge of 2017!


1 comment:

Rita said...

I envy you guys being able to travel. Go for it while you can--yes!! Enjoy!

I am looking at eye surgery soon, apparently. I'll know more after my appt on the 18th. I am not happy, either, to say the least. But...we HAVE lived so long.

I've still been saying Happy New Year! :):)