May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Disappearance

Last winter I was so eager to see the newest season of Doc Martin I did a 30-day free trial with Acorn.TV. I was then able to see all the episodes of Doc Martin's seventh season well before the US release on PBS and with no annoying fundraising.

After watching Doc Martin, I took a closer look at what else Acorn.TV had to offer. Fast-forward nine months and Acorn.TV is now my first choice when looking for a new series to watch.

Last night I finished one of Acorn.TV's newest releases, The Disappearance. It's a French television series with English subtitles, but well worth the inconvenience. Since I never just watch television, always multitasking instead, a show with subtitles is impossible to enjoy on our big screen. But since I mainly enjoy Acorn.TV while lying in bed with my iPad, watching The Disappearance wasn't a problem.

If you have Acorn.TV, or are looking for a new entertainment source, I highly recommend The Disappearance. As the series progressed, I was more and more impressed with the acting, especially the mother's performance. And I really enjoyed the two main detectives.

I'm not sure there will be a second season of The Disappearance. But if there is I'll be binge watching for sure. In the meantime, there's much more for me to discover on Acorn.TV.



2 comments:

Rita said...

The one is on my watch list--but I figured it would have subtitles. I often watch Acorn and Netflix right at the table while I'm doing crafts, so I might have to wait a while to watch one with subtitles. I'm watching Bedtime right now. I think I am halfway through season one and it's been interesting as it gradually unfolds.

I started watching Doc Martin years ago when I still had TV and PBS, but then missed a season and never continued. So that's on my watch list, too. So long ago now I can't remember how many of the first seasons I actually watched--LOL! Might have only been one. I'll find out. I'll just start at the beginning and rewatch, probably. :)

Thanks for letting me know about Acorn!! Between that and Netflix I have so much to watch now.

Juanita pina said...

Hoping for a season 2 of the disappearance on Acorn TV