May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Movie Reviews

Today I saw The BFG with my daughter and grandsons. Last week we saw Finding Dory. I much preferred The BFG and, apparently, so did the audience. No one clapped after Finding Dory, but most of the audience did after The BFG.

The BFG is a sweet movie about a little girl and good and bad giants. It's Melissa Mathison's last project before her passing in 2015. And I rank it on the same level as Mathison's most famous screenplay, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial. The ending of both movies brought tears to my eyes. Mathison was a true talent with a special gift for relating to children and touching people's hearts.

My recommendation is to forget Finding Dory and rewatch Finding Nemo, which is much better, and add The BFG to your must-see list.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I definitely went and put it in my saved section for when it comes out on DVD. Too bad Finding Dory wasn't that good. I'll probably still watch that one, too, but now I am really looking forward to The BFG. I hadn't heard of it. Thanks! :)