May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Spending Diet

I've decided to challenge myself to not spend more than $5 for any nonessential item during the month of July. I'm calling it a Spending Diet.

In the last couple of weeks, I've been bombarded with emails offering a variety of items at deep discounts. In other words, the end-of-season clearance is in full swing. But, truth is, I don't need a thing. Besides, I'm itching to do another whole-house purge, so adding to the clutter is not at all appealing.

One exception to the nonessential rule might be plane tickets for a fall trip we're considering to Washington state. But beyond that, I'm feeling good about this challenge. Let the games begin!



1 comment:

Rita said...

Great challenge. Purging is always good...but those tickets--got to get those tickets. ;)