May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Purging Never Ends

Add one winter coat to this
pile and you have two large
trash bags for charity.
I've finally realized, like house work, purging never ends. I hate clutter and I'm not one to hold onto something for its sentimental value. Nevertheless, there never seems to be an end to household items and clothing no longer used, liked, wanted, or needed. I swear stuff multiplies and grows while we sleep!

Truth is, however, things simply lose their value with time and lifestyle changes. So, every six months or less, we'll always find something or some things we no longer need or want.

Today I went through a wardrobe that holds my knit tops and sweaters and ended up with two trash bags for charity. Those two bags along with another bag filled with old holiday decorations will make a worthwhile pickup for the Disabled American Veterans tomorrow.

And I now actually have empty space in my wardrobe I don't feel the need to fill. Another thing I've recently realized is I don't need nearly as many clothing items as I've owned in the past.

Purging might be a never-ending job, but I love how it makes me feel each and every time I do it. Lighter and freer. So let the first purge of 2016 continue!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Awesome! Good for you! I did purging when I moved and I know I could do some again here and there this coming year. Maybe it's more a process of letting go? ;)