May 2018

May 2018

Monday, January 11, 2016

Enough Already!

It started the first week of January when my youngest grandson lost his favorite stuffed animal. Jonah will be six in March and had been carrying and loving Cream Bear (Creamy) for at least five years. To make matters worse, Creamy was first loved by my oldest grandson who kindly gave him to his younger brother in a first display of true brotherly love. I just keep imagining poor Creamy laying on a parking lot somewhere or, more likely by now, tossed in a heap of trash. It's so incredibly sad.

Then over the weekend came a flood of more sad and concerning news. On Saturday I learned my brother-in-law's brother died suddenly of a heart attack after getting an "all clear" from his cardiologist just days before. And yesterday I learned my best friend's dad had also died suddenly on Saturday. Although Candy's dad had been in assisted living for a few years, death had not appeared imminent.

But most concerning was finding out my pregnant daughter-in-law was admitted to the hospital on Saturday night due to severe morning sickness. A few weeks ago Zuae spent five hours in the hospital due to dehydration for the same reason. This time she'll be in the hospital until at least tomorrow while the doctor tests different medications to get her through this disturbing period. The baby appears to be fine, but obviously Zuae needs to start keeping food and drink down for her own and baby's continued wellbeing.

So this morning I find myself feeling extremely anxious as well as overwhelmed with grief and concern. In my head I'm screaming ENOUGH ALREADY! while also hoping someone's listening.

1 comment:

Rita said...

OMG! YES! Enough already!!!
Love and hugs!
Love and hugs!
Love and hugs!