May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Movie Review – The Big Short

We crossed off another Oscar movie nominee, The Big Short, this morning. In case you haven't heard, The Big Short is about "the credit and housing bubble collapse in the mid-2000s. . ." And it's a movie well worth seeing.

While I still don't completely understand the cause of the collapse, I do know much more than I did before. But what I enjoyed the most about The Big Short was becoming familiar with the number of socially-awkward highly-intelligent people who predicted the collapse years before it happened. As I've said before, I absolutely love movies about extremely smart people.

It's my opinion The Big Short more than deserves its nomination. And it's easy to see why Christian Bale as Michael Burry was nominated for Best Supporting Actor.

After recently enjoying The Revenant and The Big Short, I'm even more excited to see other 2016 Oscar movie nominees.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh, that one looks good, too. I just have to wait longer, but I will see them all eventually. :)