May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

What Do You Do All Day?

After loading groceries into the car and then hauling them into the house, I had to chuckle thinking about how often I'm asked, "What do you do all day?" Because I'm no longer watching a grandson, apparently a lot of people think I'm just sitting around all day.

Well, admittedly, I do do a lot more sitting now. But, at the same time, I'm also doing online problem-solving or trip research; reading; stitching; crafting; and/or watching movies or television shows. And I love having more time to do all of those activities.

I also have more time to workout now and love being able to do that during the day. No more evening workouts for me, which is good, because most nights I'm in my PJs by 8:00 P.M. Another luxury I thoroughly enjoy.

I also plan, shop, prepare, and serve, on average, 17 two-person meals a week. And since all of those meals are made with fresh ingredients, they require a trip to the grocery store every 5-7 days, and take time and effort to prepare. Something else I'm thrilled to now have time to do. Before retirement, there was way too much eating out.

Of course, there are still also the normal household chores such as cleaning the house and keeping up with the laundry. But now I have time to also iron hubby's shirts. No more taking them to the dry cleaners. And no more longing for a housekeeper. I can now easily keep up with routine house cleaning.

Plus there are always birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays to prepare for. For example, I'm already making to-do and gift lists as well as planning menus for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I started making fall cards this week.

So, what do I do all day? Oh, not much.




1 comment:

Rita said...

I'm sure people wonder what I do all day, too! Funny, but some days I am so busy that next thing I know it's evening. ;)