May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I'm a Rock Star!

You have to love it when your doctor calls you a "Rock Star." I had a six-month check-up yesterday with positive numbers – blood pressure 126/86; pulse 76; six pound weight lose.

We talked about the clean eating I've adopted and my workout schedule. We also discussed my resolution to continue with my new healthy habits despite the tediously slow weight lose. The doctor's only recommendation on the subject was to "keep on keeping on."

As far as my other numbers, insurance no longer allows a blood draw before seeing a doctor. So I'll visit the lab sometime this week after a 12-hour fast. Then the physician's assistant and I will discuss the results through email or on the phone.

My next appointment is in February 2016 and I'm determined to go to that one, too, without fearing the scale. All I have to do is "keep on keeping on," so I can continue to be a "Rock Star."


No comments: