May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Stuck

My weight lose journey has reached a plateau. Since returning from the mountains, I haven't lost any weight despite sticking to my diet and logging everything I eat. And worse, I realized this morning I've only lost five pounds in four months!

However, I'm truly not that frustrated. It's just another reminder that losing weight as a senior takes much more time. And that it's a good thing I've given myself a year and a half to reach my goal of losing a total of 10 pounds.

Plus there's a silver lining to this plateau. It's motivated me to give more seafood a try during our upcoming beach vacation. I enjoyed mahi mahi in Maui for the first time, so why not. And who can argue against the low calorie count of a pan-seared flounder or grouper?

So, yes, I might be stuck but I'm not discouraged. Besides, I'm also not gaining, which is a very good thing.


No comments: