May 2018

May 2018

Friday, January 30, 2015

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Until last night I hadn't seen a single one of this year's Oscar Best Picture nominations. We used to go to the movies once or twice a month. But now, with so many cable and Roku options, we're never at a lose for something to watch at home. And nothing was released last year, such as another Harry Potter film, we wanted to see right away.

But now I'm on a mission to see as many of the nominees as possible before the February 22 ceremony. I started last night with The Grand Budapest Hotel that's currently available on HBO.

TGBH is a colorful silly film with many stars. I especially liked watching Ralph Fiennes in a drastically different role from the Lord Voldemort he plays in the Harry Potter films.

Overall I found TGBH entertaining, but I'm glad it was available through our cable plan. When I pay movie theater prices, I prefer something much more thought-provoking and memorable.

Tomorrow I plan to catch the morning showing of The Imitation Game. Based on IMDb's description I expect it to be well worth the $5.94 ticket price.



1 comment:

Rita said...

I'll be curious to see if you like these. They are both in my saved section on Netflix so I have to wait till Netflix has them and that takes usually a long time so I have rarely seen anything before the Oscars. :)