May 2018

May 2018

Monday, December 29, 2014

Weekend Recap

Christmas is over, but we've yet to slow down.

Friday, December 26

In the morning, we took breakfast to my daughter's where my son is staying and my dad was coming for a visit. The night before. I prepared a breakfast casserole that cook overnight in the crockpot. Hubby and I woke to amazing smells!

After breakfast, I went to the gym and after lunch tried to take a nap. No such luck, but I did chill in front of the television for a couple of hours.

For dinner, I took the holiday meal for six I picked up from Lucky's Market on December 23 to my daughter's where hubby joined us after work. We had ham, chorizo sausage dressing, sweet potato soufflĂ©, green beans, and cranberry sauce. For just $59.99, it was a yummy meal with minimal mess.

Saturday, December 27

Saturday started with a 10:00 A.M. viewing of Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb. It was a good choice for our group, appealing to the boys as well as papa and me.

After the movie, hubby and I ate lunch in the mall's food court before shopping at Dillard's for hubby's new winter jacket. I'm so happy we found something to replace his 30+-year-old leather jacket with huge shoulders. Now hubby no longer looks like an old man living in the past.

Before leaving the mall, our group met at The Cheesecake Factory for a treat. Unfortunately, the music was so loud we couldn't really talk. Why do restaurant's do that? The waitress could barely hear our orders!

Hubby and I ended the day with a Holiday Party at the home of one of his co-workers. It was nice to meet some of the people hubby works with, but I hate situations where food is plentiful and easy to grab. In no time, a person can mindlessly consume 100s of calories. Oh well, the holiday's will be over soon.

Sunday, December 28

Sadly, my Sunday started seeing my neighbor's body being placed in a funeral vehicle while I made my coffee. Jean was diagnosed with lung cancer on December 20. Hospice and family took care of her until the end. She was 82.

After my son and hubby finished skeet shooting, I served them leftover chicken stew for lunch. The three of us then watched Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, which none of us had seen before. As is typical, I feel the the first movie in the series is the best.

We ended our weekend with an adults-only outing to the Anheuser-Busch Annual St. Louis Brewery Holiday Lights Display. After a buffet dinner, we walked the complex, taking in the lights while the men sampled beers.


With the weekend over, hubby's back to work. And I'm heading to the gym after first putting the ham bone from Friday's dinner to good use. It'll be ham and bean soup for today's dinner. Yum!


1 comment:

Rita said...

You really haven't stopped moving! I think you do need that nap--LOL! I hate when they have such loud music...well, anywhere except a concert or a dance. And even at a dance the people at tables should be able to talk to each other--LOL!

I liked the first Night At The Museum movie better than I expected, but have never bothered to watch the rest of them. Are you ready for New Year's? :)