May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December Daily – December 23

I've reached the point I'm tired of cleaning. If it's not done now, oh well. Truthfully, no one will notice but me, so it's all good.

This morning I made the Pot Pie Stew (what I've decided to call it) and don't know why I ever gave any thought or effort to changing our Christmas Eve menu. Since I roast the chicken and make the chicken stock weeks ahead and freeze it, when I actually make the stew it goes quickly and there's minimal clean-up. I had some for lunch and it's as delicious as I remember. I wish I could share it with all of you.

With the move, it looked as if the grandsons wouldn't get to see Santa this year. Then last week I got an email from a local restaurant, The Corner Pub and Grill, about Santa dropping by during dinner time on December 23. So tonight we had dinner out, saw Santa, and got free s'mores!

Now it's the night before Christmas Eve and the house is clean, the gifts are wrapped, the stockings are stuffed, the stew is done, the boys talked to Santa, and the weather prediction for tomorrow includes periods of snow. Bring on the fun!



1 comment:

Rita said...

That stew pie just sounds good! We got a dusting of snow! At least enough to half cover the brown grass so I am happy! I wish it had been more. Have a wonderful day!! :)