May 2018

May 2018

Friday, October 24, 2014

Beating Kohl's at Their Own Game

I used to shop at Kohl's often, lured in by their seemingly incredible sales and promotions. But, in the last couple of years, I've only been a handful of times. In addition to curtailing my spending, I just got bored with what Kohl's had to offer.

Nevertheless, as a Kohl's credit-card holder, every year I get a $10 gift card for my birthday, which I make sure to always use. So today, armed with my gift card, a 30%-off my entire purchase coupon, and another coupon for $10 off a toy purchase of at least $50, a shopping I went.

Years ago, I spent at least $80 whenever I had a 30%-off coupon, wondering how in the world that happened when everything was on sale or clearance and further reduced by 30%. But not today. Today I got a $79.99 Thomas the Tank Engine set (sale price $52.49), a pair of $40 workout capris (sale price $21.99), and two $8.99 ornaments (sale price $4.49 each) for the grand total of $48.13, including tax. Bam!

It felt great saving money and not buying anything I didn't need. But, better yet, with today's purchases I finished my Christmas shopping, which beats my record by five weeks. Bam! Bam!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Already finished with Christmas shopping--OMG! Congrats!! That's really awesome. And you did good with prices, too. :)