May 2018

May 2018

Monday, April 21, 2014

News to Share

This June my daughter and son-in-law will break ground on a new home. It's a large house with over 4000 square feet of living space that includes four bedrooms, four bathrooms, and a three-car garage. There should be plenty of room for everyone. But, best of all, grandma's house is just a five-minute walk away!

Hubby and I never built a house, so this experience is new to all of us. The number of decisions that have to be made almost daily is mind-boggling. And every detail has to be decided before the builder breaks ground. I've been invited to several planning meetings and asked my opinion on everything. I'm so glad I recently designed a kitchen because what I learned in the process has been extremely helpful.

The new house won't be finished before the 2014-15 school year begins, but will insure Elliott gets back in his current grade school. Every year, my daughter has had to request Elliott be allowed to attend the school near us because I watch him before and after school. Now she no longer has to worry about Elliott getting in and, in a couple of years, Jonah also being accepted.

I'm happy for Mike and Emily and proud of what they've accomplished. They've given this purchase a lot of thought, and have been extremely disciplined in saving toward this goal. It's going to be an exciting summer as we all watch their dream home become a reality!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh wow! Dagan and Leah just went through having their home built and it is quite a process! They will love having a home they watched raise up from the earth! So happy for them!! And 5 minute walk away!!?? Wow! That's awesome! I hope they won't mind you sharing some pictures. ;)