May 2018

May 2018

Monday, April 28, 2014

General Update

First I want to share that we ended up donating over $1000 to the effort to find a cure for MS. There was enough stuff leftover from the April 19 garage sale that my daughter set up, again, last Saturday. The turn out wasn't nearly as good, but she did make a few sales. She then took several items to a local resale shop and walked out with $65!

The $1000+ donation was a record for us and I can't imagine hitting that number, again, next year. This year we donated three truck-loads of stuff, so we're pretty cleaned out. And we're typically one of the biggest donators.

For all my effort, I'm now enjoying roomier and much more organized drawers and closets. I'm still frustrated with my hobby room, but, for now, that seems like a good summer project when I'm not watching the grandsons every day.

In the meantime, I'm using limited free time to continue working out more. I'm at the gym 1.5 hours every Monday and Friday. And, on most non-gym days, I walk the school track or hike a county park. Since I no longer weigh myself, I don't know if I've lost weight, but I definitely feel stronger, which was my main goal.

We're now preparing for a busy weekend. My son, who lives in Long Island, will be visiting. And my oldest grandson is making his First Communion.

Flowers and trees are blooming; the grass is bright green. It's a beautiful time of year for outdoor activities and celebrations!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Wow! That is really something! $1,000.00!! And you got to purge and clear out things, too. Win-win.

I'm about to embark on some more cleaning, purging, and reorganizing over here again. I've purged several times since I moved here, but I am sure I can find a few more things to let go of--LOL!

Kudos on the gym and walking and all. Being stronger is a wonderful goal. Good luck with your hobby area! :)