May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Break

My son-in-law and daughter are Disney Vacation Club members and often vacation in Disney World. Spring break started last Friday, so they started the drive down after school Thursday. That means I'm kid-free for a week.

I plan to do a lot of spring cleaning, and to continue going through closets and drawers, purging, purging, purging. Not sure why now, but I'm ready to simplify life by getting rid of everything I no longer need or use. In particular, I've been getting rid of a lot of clothes, shoes, and costume jewelry. I now have drawers that are partially empty, and plenty of space on my closet rod. I love it!

I also plan to keep tackling the yard. When you live on a wooded lot, spring and fall cleanups are big jobs. This week alone, we've stuffed 15 tall yard-waste bags with leaves and sticks. And there's still plenty more to do.

But even though my break will be full of chores, there still will be time for fun. Last night, through Amazon Instant Watch, we saw The Book Thief. Although parts were completely unbelievable, I enjoyed it, especially the cute main character who did a great job.

And today is our parish's Annual St. Patrick's Day Celebration. After a lunch of corned beef and cabbage, we'll be playing a lot of bingo. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Purging always feels so good!!
I don't understand why Netflix has certain movies in certain parts of the country in streaming and others not? That one is only rental through the mail here? I've noticed this when other people mention watching streaming movies on their blogs and they are sometimes rentals here. Not fair, Netflix!
Enjoy your week off!! :)