May 2018

May 2018

Friday, March 28, 2014

Nail Care

I recently grabbed an online deal on a nail care kit, planning to give my poor nails some pampering after our cold winter. The kit included a number of items, but I was really only interested in the crystal nail file plus the nail and cuticle creams. However, I knew I would also use the polish remover, polish remover pads, and OPI Top/Base coat.

OPI Russian Navy
But I didn't expect to get much use out the four full-size bottles of OPI nail polish also included, and I was right. I tested two of the colors today and neither one was my taste. I ended up just pulling out the little bottle of Mavala Rose I purchased in Paris a year ago. I doubt I'll ever get tired of its soft pink color. What a find!

Since the cost of the kit was much less than the total individual costs of the items I'll use, even without the polishes it was a good deal. And now I have three bottles of OPI polish to donate to the MS garage sale. I'm keeping the blue polish for Halloween :)

1 comment:

Rita said...

Or you could go crazy and do like I do and only paint one nail with a wild color or sparkle--ROFL! I do like OPI nail polish as it seems to last pretty long and not chip. OPI has clear and very pale nude-like colors that I really have enjoyed. But I'm not one for the wild colors, either. That's what's popular right now. But I have been doing the one little nail on my left hand in colors and sparkles sometimes. Makes me laugh! :)