May 2018

May 2018

Friday, January 31, 2014

And Another One "Bites the Dust"

I decided to forgo the gym this morning because I just didn't want to leave the house. Instead, I planned  to get a workout on my recumbent bike. But, ten minutes in, my bike died.

After checking, I found my current bike will be six years old in March. I paid around $100 for it on Amazon with free s/h and no tax. For less than $20 a year, I say it was a good investment.

So back to Amazon I went after doing an online search for the "best" recumbent bike. My new bike will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. It's $50 more than the old one, but supposed to be much quieter. Plus there's that nasty inflation thing.

But I'm really going to miss not have a bike this weekend. It's just so convenient to be able to go downstairs for a workout, especially when there are no classes at the gym and ice is predicted for the next three days.

If I get too antsy, I guess I can do some "old school" calisthenics. But, frankly, it's more likely I'll be taking a workout break and doing more crafting and movie watching. Not a problem since I have no doubt I'll be back at it when the new bike arrives.



1 comment:

Rita said...

I had to google recumbent bike--LOL! It's a laid back stationery bike, I guess. Glad you are getting a new one. :)