May 2018

May 2018

Monday, January 6, 2014

An Old Friend

Last Saturday was near 50 degrees, so hubby and I ran necessary errands, including grocery shopping, and celebrated our 41 wedding anniversary with lunch at our favorite steak house, Long Horn. I had a coupon for a free appetizer and, when the waiter found out we were celebrating, he gave us our choice of a free dessert. It was a delicious meal and perfect celebration.

Our gift to each other is a road trip to Florida in a couple of weeks. We've become less tolerant of cold weather as we've aged and hope to find some warmth waiting for us in Destin. The prediction is their sunny 50-degree weather will continue throughout January. We're "keeping our fingers crossed."

In the meantime, I'm still doing a lot of cross-stitching since we're on our third Snow Day in a row. I went through all my old patterns, most dating back to the 1980s, and picked out several to make for me and as gifts. And since I also have a sizable inventory of floss and fabric, I've been able to "dive in" without placing an online order or going to a craft store.

It's so refreshing to pick up a craft that requires no "updating" and very little supplies. Yes, some of my cross-stitch patterns are "vintage" now, but most, especially the holiday images, are just as enjoyable today as they were when I bought them decades ago.

So I've been enjoying the Snow Days with an old friend, cross-stitching, the perfect companion while sitting in front of the fireplace and watching a movie. Have I said how much I love Snow days? :)


No comments: