May 2018

May 2018

Friday, December 13, 2013

December Daily – Day 13

Friday, December 13

I was going to make, bake, and freeze gingerbread cookies today for decorating with the grandsons next week, but decided to clean floors instead. Not nearly as much fun, but had to be done.

Lego Holiday Bakery
Nevertheless, I still did some holiday prep today. I've been working on my Lego Holiday Bakery. It's the 2011 holiday set, but I never had time to put it together during the holidays until now. I also have the Lego Winter Village Post Office and Lego Winter Village Toy Shop I put together a few years ago. I got hooked after helping Elliott with sets when he first got interested in Lego.

Lego Winter Village Toy Shop
There's a little nook just outside our kitchen we've set up as a library. You might remember the long bookcase I showed you a few posts back with my Jim Shore nativity scene. For years, the only other pieces of furniture in the nook were a club chair and ottoman. We donated those pieces before the kitchen remodel. So this is the first holiday there's a small game table and two chairs in the nook. (I purchased the table and chairs decades ago from an antique store.) Turns out the game table is the perfect spot to display my Lego village.

Lego Winter Village Post Office
I'll share pictures when it's finished. But it's been a wonderful project to share with the boys. We're all having a lot of fun finding just the right spot for each piece. And a new holiday tradition is born!




1 comment:

Rita said...

I've never put together one of the Lego boxes and I didn't even know they had holiday sets. Looking forward to seeing these. Much patience required, I assume. ;)