May 2018

May 2018

Friday, August 30, 2013

My Week

The kitchen's on hold for two weeks while we wait for the granite countertops to be prepped for installation on September 5. I thought the wait would be extremely frustrating, but this first week flew.

This picture is obviously distorted.
Jonah's legs and feet aren't abnormally
tiny. But this cucumber that got lost
among the veins in my daughter's
garden was that large. Jonah loves
harvesting their vegies.
Because the dust-producing work is done on the kitchen, I was able to finally thoroughly clean the family room, knowing it'll stay that way for awhile. I was also able to restock the laundry room/pantry that's off the kitchen because that room is finished.

And, since school's back in session, I spent Tuesday and Thursday with my three-year-old grandson, Jonah. This year is off to a good start. Jonah is much more mature now and, therefore, watching him is a lot more fun than work. It'll be even better when we're able to use the whole house. Jonah is our budding gardener and chef, so I can't wait to cook with him in the new kitchen.

Despite no physical activity, I actually do have some kitchen updates. Yesterday, the counterstools were delivered. Overall the stools are larger than our old ones and the seats are two inches higher. I'm reserving final judgement until the countertops are installed.

And, today, I got a call from Best Buy letting us know all the missing microwave parts have arrived and are ready for pick up. I also just got the digital image of how the countertops will be cut on the slabs.

All in all, I've had a good week. I'm now looking forward to a three-day weekend with hubby. It's Labor Day weekend and that means fall is just around the corner. Yay!



1 comment:

Rita said...

Even just being free of the noise and dust accumulation has to be a good thing--lol! Jonah is at such a fun age. Enjoy your long weekend with the hubby!! :)