May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Jetsons Have Arrived

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Orlando, FL
My daughter's family has been in Orlando since Sunday. They're members of the Disney Vacation Club, so drive to Disney World once or twice a year. The last time they were there, we were in Paris, so communicated with emails and text messages. But, this trip, we're home with only an hour time difference, so get daily video calls. What fun!
The future is here!

Through iPhone's FaceTime, the grandsons call every evening, just before bedtime. During the first call, we got a tour of the condo. And, last night, Elliott showed us his new pins.

Growing up, I remember hearing that one day we would "see" the people we called, like The Jetsons did. At the time, the idea horrified me. Who wanted their boyfriend to see them without hair done and makeup on!

As a grandma, however, I absolutely love video chat. To see my grandsons's sweet faces as we talk is amazing and wonderful. And I couldn't care less how I look because, in Elliott's and Jonah's eyes, grandma always looks good. For me, the future arrived at the perfect time.


1 comment:

Rita said...

LOL! and I just sent you off a very old-fashioned letter in snail mail. :)

You are way beyond me with the video chats and such. Have never tried them--but grandkids would be the most perfect incentive!! ;)