May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Favorite Paris Souvenir

Up until a couple of months ago, I hadn't polished my fingernails for years, mainly because I'm always fighting eczema.  But just before our Paris trip, my new prescription had gotten the eczema under control enough that I treated myself to a couple of manicures.  Yes, I could have colored my nails myself, but I've never enjoyed doing that.  Paris, however, changed my DIY manicure attitude.

Mavala nail enamal,
a great product produced
in Switzerland.
While in Paris, we ran into pharmacies several times to get tissues, ibuprofen, and other OTC items.  At every pharmacy, there was the same small display of tiny bottles of nail enamel, which I immediately found adorable.  Upon closer examination, however, there appeared to be the color I'd been searching for for several years, a pale nearly-translucent pink.  So, on our third pharmacy visit, I finally caved and purchased one bottle of Mavala Rose for five euros, roughly six dollars.

Shortly after we got home, hoping for the best, I got out my base and top coats and gave myself a manicure. Success!

Mavala Rose is the exact color I'd been wanting.  Plus it goes on easily and one coat gives the desired effect. But, best of all, it dries fast and lasts a long time.  I like it so much, I did an online search for a second bottle and was thrilled to find it on Amazon for $6.00 with free shipping/handling.

I should be able to get at least 20 manicures out of one bottle.  And, because it's so easy to use, I'll do them myself, saving a lot of money.  Who knew a tiny bottle of nail enamel would be my favorite Paris souvenir!

1 comment:

Rita said...

It's been way too long since I have done my nails. I suffer from very dry cuticles that I pick at and they even bleed sometimes--and in the winter it is especially bad. Sad, but true. I'm always trying different lotions and oils on my hands and cuticles, but nothing works for any length of time. Wash my hands once and I am back at square one. I've also always searched for something very subtle in color and just end up using clear. This looks like a real find! I would say that's a great souvenir from your trip. I might have to go search on amazon--lol!