May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weigh In

During the last 31 days, I've worked out 25 days.  For the most part, I've been burning 300 calories in 30-minute sessions on the stationary bike.  But, if it's 50+ degrees outside, I'll take a 30-minute neighborhood walk instead.  I weighed in last Saturday and found I had lost four pounds, which equates to a pound a week.  While I'm pleased with the weight lose, I'm not thrilled with the realization that, in my 60s, I now need to work out twice as much as I used to for the same results.

There are so many things I'd rather be doing than exercising.  But I'm determined to continue using LoseIt! to keep my calorie intake between 1200 and 1300 calories a day; and working out 5-6 times a week.  At this point in my life, doing what's right for my body is more about staying healthy than looking good.  Plus, I truly do like how I feel, more toned and energized, when I'm working out regularly.

Currently, I'm watching episodes of The West Wing while I bike, and just started season four.  There are seven seasons in total, so I should be good for another month.  The series would take me longer, but I'm finding myself watching episodes at other times during the day and evening, also. I'm a bit hooked.

For me, a good television show makes working out 100% more tolerable.  So I need to find another series through Netflix Instant Watch I can start after The West Wing.  I'll check out any suggestions you send me.  If nothing else, however, I'll have no problem re-watching the Doc Martin series.

In keeping with my decision to no longer obsess over how much I weigh, I've decided to only weigh in once a month instead of once a week.  Therefore, I won't be posting another weight-lose update until late February.  In the meantime, I'll be counting and moving, and praying I don't get sick!

No comments: