May 2018

May 2018

Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!


Hubby and I will be having our usual quiet New Year's Eve.  We already celebrated the end of the year with a steak dinner last Saturday, and live theatre yesterday.  We're now both ready to start eating more normally, which is much healthier than how we've been eating the last couple of weeks.

In fact, my diet has been a mess since I contracted that bacterial infection four weeks ago.  But, this morning, I took my last antibiotic pill and finally feel my normal, again.  It's time to get organized in the kitchen, making certain there are always plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.

I'm also mentally preparing myself for more daily exercise.  We leave for Paris in just 10 weeks and know, from our first trip there five years ago, that we'll want to do a lot of walking.  I'd been enjoying my neighborhood walks, but now it's too cold.  And today it's snowing.  I'm leaning toward becoming one of those mall walkers.  It's either that or walk in circles at the local health center.

Whatever I decide, I want to get hubby involved.  His new job is much less physical than what he was used to when we owned a pest control business.  Now that we have less stress and more freedom, I especially want to keep us as healthy as possible so we can fully enjoy our new lifestyle.

Those are just a few things on my "to-do" list for 2013.  But, top of the list, is a determination to not get sick, again, this winter season!

Happy New Year, friends.  And may 2013 be full of pleasant surprises for all of us.




1 comment:

Rita said...

Happy New Year to you, too! I've been making up my goal list, too. I hope this is a fabulous year with joy and surprises! :)