May 2018

May 2018

Friday, November 23, 2012

Remembering Thanksgiving 2012

Yesterday was possibly the best Thanksgiving I've ever had.  I refused to get stressed about anything, especially the food.  Trimming the menu down to just six items really helped.  Every dish turned out perfect, including the gravy, which is always my biggest concern.

I still find it sad that Thanksgiving gets less attention every year.  So, before I'm fully consumed with Christmas preparations, here are some of my favorite memories from yesterday.

A tradition Elliott started two years ago, building the entire
Lego Advent Calendar on Thanksgiving day.
Jonah helping grandma make whipped cream
for the pumpkin pies.
Jonah talking to Uncle Dan and Aunt Ann,
using FaceTime on Grandma's phone.
The perfect end to a perfect Thanksgiving,
watching monster truck videos with Papa.

No comments: