May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Movie Review

Bravo, Ben Affleck!
This afternoon we saw Affleck's latest film, Argo, based on a true story. Affleck directed and played the lead character.  He still may be just an average actor, but Affleck has definitely become an accomplished director, proving himself with Town, Gone Baby Gone, and now Argo.

Argo was excellent and the third film in a row I highly recommend, along with Skyfall and Lincoln.  Best of all, none included gory bloody scenes or unnecessary profanity.  And each gave me what I want most from a film, a two-to-three hour escape from reality.

Next up, Life of Pi, which I've been eagerly waiting to see on the big screen since reading the book several years ago.  Entertainment Weekly gives it 4.5 stars out of five, so my hopes are high that our streak will continue!

No comments: