May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Movie Review

Speilberg does it again.  Lincoln is an excellent movie with several outstanding performances.

In an interview, Speilberg said he would not have made Lincoln without Daniel Day-Lewis.  I completely understand.  I can't think of any other seasoned actor who could have done the job Day-Lewis did.

Other notable performances were Sally Field as Mary Todd Lincoln and James Spader as W. N. Bilbo.  There were several scenes where Field stole the show.  Hard to believe she once played a flying nun!

Spader also keeps improving with age.  It's probably maturity and experience, but I enjoy Spader more since he gained weight.  Reminds me of Philip Seymour Hoffman.  It seems Spader and Hoffman both have done their best work at their heaviest.

Before last weekend, we hadn't been to the movie theater in many months.  After Skyfall last weekend and Lincoln today, however, I'm hooked again.  Next up, Argo.


No comments: