May 2018

May 2018

Monday, October 15, 2012

Shopping Offers

I feel like I'm being bombarded with gift cards and serious discounts.  Some of it's related to my upcoming birthday, but nearly half of the offers are for other reasons.

Last Friday, I was invited to participate in an online meeting regarding a home-shopping channel's new website design.  I got a $50 gift certificate for an hour of my time.  To sweeten the deal, yesterday, that same home-shopping channel emailed me a twenty-percent-off-one-item code.  I'm pretty sure the email offer was just "luck of the draw," but now I have to really do some serious research to make the most of my windfall.

Another example are recent Kohl's offers.  Two weeks ago, I got a $10 birthday gift card from Kohl's.  Then, today, the peel-off offer in the Kohl's flyer that arrived in the mail was for thirty percent off my entire purchase.  Too bad Kohl's doesn't sell craft items!  Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll still have fun using my offers.

Besides, today Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft gave me a certificate for thirty percent off my entire purchase next weekend.  To qualify, I just had to spend $35 today, which you know I had no problem doing even with using two coupons.

Those are just a few of the offers I've been getting recently.  I'll be buying one or two things for myself, of course.  But I also think this would be a great time to wrap up my Christmas shopping. Guess it's time to make my list and check it twice!

No comments: