May 2018

May 2018

Monday, October 1, 2012

New Beginning

Jim started his new job as Operations Manager for St. Louis County Parks and Recreation this morning.  We won't close on the sale of our business until November 1, so this month will be busy and interesting.  Funny, though, neither of us are as stressed as we were before Jim accepted his new position.  We know we're facing a big adjustment.  But getting used to a 40-50 hour a week job versus working 8-10 hours a day 6-7 days a week will be worth it.

I'm slowly beginning to realize I'll be retiring soon.  By that I mean, after this month, I no longer will be contributing to my social security fund.  I'll still be managing mom's finances and health, and watching the grandsons during the week, but neither of those "jobs" involve a W2.  Nevertheless, we decided I can't really fit a pay job around my obligations, and don't want to juggle two jobs for vacation time.

Financially, it should work out fine.  I hope so, because I'm already finding that less stress is opening my mind to greater creativity.  For example, my paper crafting is at a whole new level and I'm having a blast.

I never expected a new beginning at age 60, but I like it!

No comments: