May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, August 11, 2012

All Aboard! (Again)

Finally, we're having cooler less-humid weather.  That is if you consider upper 80s cooler, which Missourians do after many weeks of 100+ degree temperatures.  As a result, I was able to walk several times this week, including yesterday with my oldest grandson.  I'm very proud (and still surprised) that Elliott made the 1.5 mile walk with no complaints!

While Jonah was in daycare and my daughter was working, Elliott and I spent the entire day together Friday.  After our walk, we tackled the playroom, preparing for Grandma Daycare to resume next Tuesday.  I didn't spend any time downstairs all summer, so it needed a good cleaning.  Plus, it was time to purge toddler toys and bring out my Thomas the Tank Engine collection.

Elliott got into trains when he was around 18 months old and his obsession lasted a good three years.  So I have quite a collection of TakeAlong trains and sets.  We used to spend hours and days, setting up track and running trains.  That period of time is one of my favorite grandma memories.

Now it's Jonah's turn and I'm happy to get more mileage out of my investment.  Although I don't expect Jonah's obsession to last as long as Elliott's, or to be as intense.  Jonah is much more physical and active, which makes it difficult for him to sit still for too long.

And that's the main reason I'm glad I'll be watching Jonah only two days a week this school year.  That schedule should be much more doable for me.  At least that's my hope!


No comments: