May 2018

May 2018

Friday, July 27, 2012

Go USA! Whatever.

I'm not a sports fan.  I just don't enjoy watching people grunt and sweat.  I do appreciate, however, the economic lift a good team gives a community, although I'm disgusted by the players' salaries.  Yes, I realize many of my favorite movie stars also make obscene amounts of money, but a good movie brings pleasure every time it's watched and to many generations of viewers.

So, while many people are excited about the 2012 Summer Olympics, I'm already bored.  Thank goodness for Cable television, DVRs, DVDs, and video apps.  I'm much more interested in learning how someone took an idea, made a product or created a service, and earned a 1.5 million profit last year.  Have you seen Shark Tank?  For me, that's way more entertaining than watching some athlete break another record.

Go USA!  Whatever.


No comments: