May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

From Ordinary to Extraordinary

Today was a special day.  I've been a huge Harry Potter fan for years and don't seem to be outgrowing it. As soon as my first grandchild was born, I began looking forward to one day sharing the books and films with him.  Over the last couple of years, Elliott has watched a few of the films, but I always had to fast-forward through the scary parts.  We've also had fun building Harry Potter Lego sets.  But, before today, we hadn't read the books together, which is what I've been the most eager to do.

I picked up Elliott at noon for a sleepover.  As is typical for us, we quickly began talking about Harry Potter and the differences between the books and films.  Elliott starts first grade in a few weeks, but my guess is he's reading at the second semester second-grade level.  We decided, therefore, that he was ready for at least book one.  So, before bed, I finally began reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone with my first grandson. And, magically, an ordinary day became extraordinary.


No comments: