May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hidden in Paris

I decided to stay in Paris for my second summer novel and finished Hidden Paris, by Corine Gantz, this morning.  Without a doubt, Hidden in Paris is a novel for women.  The three main characters are women who escape to Paris for different reasons. The book's about self-discovery and romance, and would make a great chick flick.  It was a fun read and I enjoyed, once again, remembering my six days in Paris.

It's interesting to note I was first drawn to Hidden in Paris by its cover, a traditional French window reflecting the Eiffel Tower and adored with pink flowers.  It would seem book cover artists are still valuable to the marketing process even luring those of us only purchasing digital versions.

Tomorrow my nephew flies to Paris.  He'll be living and studying in the capital of France for a full year with the goal of one day becoming a professional interpreter.  Based on the impression just six days made on me, I think he will be profoundly changed by the City of Light.  Bonne chance, Jonathan!





No comments: