May 2018

May 2018

Monday, May 21, 2012

New Paper Craft

This cute owl was my first iris folding project.
The owl die cut and patterned paper
were part of a kit.
Over the weekend, with the help of YouTube, I learned iris folding, a paper craft that originated in Holland.  Here's a definition I found online:

Iris folding is a paper craft technique that involves folding strips of colored paper in such a way to form a design.  The center of the design forms an iris, a shape reminiscent of the iris of an eye of a camera lens.

But this sea turtle is all mine.  I cut
the die with my Cricut and chose
the different patterned papers from
my personal inventory.
Basically, all that's needed for iris folding are strips of paper, a die cut, a pattern, and adhesive.  It's an inexpensive craft, especially since there are many online sources for downloading free patterns, and a great way to use scraps leftover from other paper projects.

Iris folding is a lot of fun and, since it requires some concentration, it's a great stress-reliever.  I may have found a new addiction.

No comments: