May 2018

May 2018

Friday, April 6, 2012

Preparing for Easter

One of the best things about hosting an event is the motivation it gives me to clean.  We're serving Easter brunch, so today I started giving the house a thorough cleaning.  I'm a little more than half done, now, and it feels great.  I love a clean house.

The other thing I need to do for Easter brunch is plan and prepare the menu.  In keeping with my New Year's resolution to not take on more than I can easily handle, I'm keeping it simple this year.  I've already purchased all the baked goods, eliminating the mess and time of making everything from scratch.  So all I have to do is bake the maple bacon, cook the scrambled eggs with asparagus, and make the spiced pineapple juice drink.  Best of all, everything except the egg dish can be prepared tomorrow.

This year I'm determined to spend more of Easter just enjoying family.  I'm off to a good start.

No comments: