May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Most Valuable Room

I'm always amazed at how much I can get done when I'm home alone.  By 2:00 P.M. today, I baked and packaged six dozen cookies for Saturday's bake sale; worked on the company books for two hours; ate lunch; did two loads of wash; and took my 40-minute walk.

But it's a good thing I got so much done today, because I don't expect to get anything done tomorrow.  The painters will be here Thursday and Friday to paint the finished area of the basement. There's no school Friday, so tomorrow is the only day I'll need to entertain Jonah without the play room.  I'm just praying it doesn't rain, so we can either play outside or go shopping.  And I don't want to cart Jonah through parking lots in the pouring rain.

Of course, I'm also hoping Jonah takes one of his three-hour naps.  The less time I have to entertain a preschooler tomorrow, the better.  Honestly, the play room has become the most valuable room in the house!

No comments: