May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Trick

I've successfully completed my "junk" food fast.  For the entire month of March, I didn't eat my version of "junk" food -- pastries, cookies, ice cream, and chocolate candy.  Surprisingly, it wasn't that difficult and, best of all, there turned out to be a hidden benefit.  By reducing my sugar intake, my appetite decreased.

I know I've lost weight because my clothes are fitting looser.  I'm sure exercising more helped, but believe it's primarily due to eating less.  A friend did some research and found "eliminating refined sugar from your diet improves sugar levels, reduces cravings, and stabilizes your appetite."  I'm thinking greatly reducing refined sugar has the same results.

My plan now is to continue minimizing my refined sugar intake, but without depriving myself.  I have a bake sale this Saturday and, of course, Easter's next Sunday.  Nevertheless, I'm determined not to overindulge.  I now know overeating "junk" food causes more harm than I originally thought.  This "old dog" has learned a "new trick."


March 1- 31 - No "junk" food.




No comments: