May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Feeling Better

I got a lot done yesterday, so I'm feeling better.  First I went to Ameritrade and fed our IRAs.  I also paid our taxes.  We are now officially done with 2011.

My next stop was Bethesda where I turned over the Medicaid mess to a social worker.  I also signed papers regarding mom's care, which needs to be done yearly.  It's still hard to believe mom's been in a nursing home for three years now.

I then went to Dobbs to schedule a time to get two new tires and the state inspections needed to renew our license plates.  Turned out they were able to do it immediately, but it would take an hour and a half.  No problem.  I just used the time to get in my walk by going to the Subway down the street for lunch.

Finally, I went to Target for a few groceries and essentials and ended up also getting birthday presents for a grand-niece and grand-nephew.  Their birthdays are April 30 and May 6.  I need two gifts for each child because I also do my dad's gift shopping.  After yesterday, I now only need one more gift for my grand-niece.

Checking so many chores off my to-do list has definitely improved my mood.  I only wish I could have resolved my hair frustrations yesterday also.  But that'll have to wait until next Wednesday.

No comments: