May 2018

May 2018

Monday, April 30, 2012

I've Earned My Grandma Title

Abigail Joy
Yesterday my second grand-niece, Abigail Joy, was baptized.  She barely made a peep during the ceremony, and mostly slept peacefully throughout the 2-3 hour celebratory lunch after.  She behaved much the same the first time I saw her, falling asleep in my arms with no effort and sleeping for an hour. By far, Abbey is the easiest baby I've ever met!

I can't help but be a little jealous.  As babies, Elliott had severe colic and Jonah had acid reflux.  We all suffered daily through hours of screaming with Elliott, and constant cleaning up of major spit-up with Jonah.  There was simply no just enjoying a sweet baby with either boy.  Instead, all we could do was look forward to both of them growing out of infancy.

Of course, I wouldn't trade either of my grandsons for anything in the world.  They are the joy of my life and make me smile everyday.  Looking back, I now feel Elliott and Jonah were just making me earn my grandma title.


No comments: