May 2018

May 2018

Friday, March 2, 2012

"Junk" Food Fast

Except for a regular daily dose of "junk" food, I feel my diet is generally healthy.  I eat several portions of fruits and vegetables everyday.  And, for protein, I typically eat lean meats, such as poultry or pork loin, eggs, or soups that also include vegetables.

Yep, my downfall is definitely the "junk" food.  I've decided, therefore, not to eat "junk" food for the entire month of March in an attempt to break a bad habit.  In my world, "junk" food is chocolate candy, ice cream, cookies, and pastries.  But it is not all foods that contain sugar.  I will still eat bread products and add a little sugar to my morning oatmeal.

Looking ahead, the toughest time will be Jonah's birthday party.  I'm making the cake and it will be hard to not taste the batter and icing.  Maybe chewing sugar-free gum while I'm baking will help.

Without a doubt, this is a tough challenge for me, especially with my current stress level mainly due to my mom's condition.  In all honesty, odds are I'll end up simply deciding life is too short not to eat a little chocolate everyday.  Nevertheless, this morning I'm happy to report I made it through day one!


March 1 - No "junk" food.


No comments: