May 2018

May 2018

Friday, February 3, 2012

The Simple Cardboard Box

For two weeks now, Jonah has been having fun with an empty cardboard box.  UPS delivered it filled with blankets that came with matching stuffed animals.  I bought the sets on clearance for Easter and Christmas presents.  When I saw how big the box was, I knew it would be great for my soon-to-be-two grandson, Jonah.

When I was a kid, my sister, brother and I turned big appliance boxes into playhouses.  I remember decorating and playing with them for weeks.

Based on Jonah's recent experience, it appears cardboard boxes still ignite a lot of creativity.  Jonah loves hiding in his big box and has turned a smaller one into a boat.  In our high-tech fast-paced world, it's nice to see pleasure coming from such a simple thing as a cardboard box.

No comments: